OME LEAF SPRINGS
Part of ARB’s integrated 4×4 suspension systems, Emu Dakar leaf springs are engineered to provide optimum ride performance irrespective of the operating conditions the vehicle’s suspension is required to work under. Numerous spring options are available to suit a multitude of applications, allowing you to set your vehicle up for recreational or commercial purposes. Feature packed, a set of Emu Dakar leaf springs matched to a set of Old Man Emu 4×4 shock absorbers will deliver vastly improved ride, handling and load carrying capability.
- Draw tapered and diamond cut leaves: Ensure the load is progressively distributed over a larger surface area, reducing the high stresses that develop at leaf ends. This provides increased ride quality and protection against leaf breakage, significantly increasing the spring life.
- Bolt clamps and liners: The leaf clamps are bolted to allow installation of anti squeak nylon liners.
- Fully scragged and load tested: Scragging ensures the spring takes a permanent ‘set’ which reduces the risk of sagging. Load testing ensures the spring meets the required specification.
- Military wrap: Designed to provide added safety.
- Anti friction pads: Regreasable nylon interleaf liners reduce friction at the leaf tips where the load is the greatest.
- Flat axle seat area: Allows a positive, safe axle mount reducing spring stress and increasing spring life.
- Shot peening: The tension side of all leaves is shot peened to reduce spring stress. This process can double the life of a spring.
- Two-stage leaf pack: Featured on most rear springs for optimum comfort. When unladen the vehicle is largely riding on the primary stage, with the secondary stage providing additional support when a heavy load is added.
Most Emu Dakar leaf springs have all the listed features, but where design or a physical limitation exists, one or more of these features may not be incorporated.
Please Note: This product is vehicle specific and is sold in store only.