After a full eleven years since the previous T6 generation went on sale, Ford has recently revealed the smartest, most versatile and most capable Ranger yet - The Next Generation Ford Ranger! You can expect loads of new features accessible to drivers in more than 180 markets world-wide.
With years in the making, the Next-Gen Ranger is bigger, tougher, smarter and more refined with the option to personalise it with a comprehensive range of accessories available from ARB. Whether for work, play or family - new adventures and memories are waiting to be made!
Read on to learn 10 Things You Need To Know About The NEW Next-Gen Ranger.
New Zealand's best selling 4WD is now better than ever!
10 NEW FEATURES
1. More Spacious, Practical Bed - Ford's consideration for the Ranger's passengers doesn't mean that the truck's cargo carrying capacity is compromised, in fact, it's been improved! An additional 50 mm wider track will now accommodate larger loads. There are also built-in sidesteps behind the truck's rear wheels which makes accessing the cargo area even easier.
2. Wheelbase Extended By 50 mm - The new Ranger is larger than it's predecessor in almost every dimension, but the truck's passengers will notice the extra length the most. That's because the extension of the wheelbase was primarily to give back-seat passengers more legroom, 50 mm
more to be exact. Ask and you shall receive... The most common requests from Ford's customers was a “flexible, modern cockpit that caters to both work and family duties." Not only have they
listened, but boy, they have delivered! The Next-Gen Ranger serves as both a workspace and a haven, providing smart and connected features with more comfort and storage options than ever before.
3. Aesthetics - Externally, the Next-Gen Ranger has a more muscular, athletic appearance featuring new fenders and larger wheel arches. There are also different grille patterns for different models and a feature loaded cargo box sits on a wider, stronger chassis that's designed to get the job done.
Internally, expect a new looking dash, a large integrated LCD touchscreen and a 360-degree camera view. With more internal space and clever storage solutions to help keep your interior organised. The new digital instrument panel comes loaded with features and up-to-date technology, helping make every journey better.
4. Lighting & Charging - Flanking the bold new grille, the C-Clamp shaped headlamps give this Next-Gen Ranger that unmistakable ‘Built Ford Tough’ look, featuring an embossed tailgate & LED tail lamps. We can also see that the headlight LEDs are stacked vertically rather than horizontally. Power all your compatible tools, lights and appliances straight from the 12V socket in your load box for optimal convenience.
5. E-shifter and Selectable Drive Modes - Next Gen-Ranger’s E-Shifter not only looks good and frees up space, but it also brings a new level of high-tech control to your fingertips. In addition to 4x4 modes, new Selectable Drive Modes optimise performance for different terrains, road conditions and vehicle usage.
6. New 3.0-liter V6 Turbodiesel - Next-Gen Range's engine lineup offers a whole new level of capability and powerful torque loaded engines, with a proven four-wheel drive powertrain to deliver the capability and performance you need. Depending on the market, customers will have a choice of single-turbo and bi-turbo 2.0 liter in-line four-cylinder diesels. In addition, the Next-Gen Ranger will be available with a tried and tested 2.3-L EcoBoost four cylinder. New transmission choices include an updated 10-speed auto or six-speed manual, complementing the current six-speed automatic. *Please Note: Not all vehicle features will be available in all markets. Precise specifications for each market will be confirmed prior to launch.
"The 3.0-liter turbodiesel V6 delivers. When you drive a Ranger with the V6 turbodiesel, it feels like a much bigger truck. And it feels really tough in the sense that it’s got endless power and torque, which is exactly what our customers wanted."—Pritika Maharaj, Ranger program manager
7. Enhanced Towing Experience - Ranger’s improved towing experience and impressive payload capabilities are enhanced with a raft of new driver-assist technologies. Customers wanted a choice of more power and torque for towing heavy loads and extreme off‑roading, so the team added Ford’s proven 3.0-liter V6 turbodiesel and developed it for the Ranger. It is one of three turbodiesel engine options available at launch, depending upon the market.
8. Cargo Management System - Whether it's work, off-road or adventure - securing your load has never been faster, easier or safer. Internal rails feature moveable spring-loaded cleats on each side of the bed and new tie down solutions for cargo with recessed moldings allow you to customise the storage area to suit your load carrying needs.
9. Tailgate Work Bench - Your tailgate is now the mobile workbench it was always meant to be! Use the integrated 1-metre ruler and clamp pockets to measure, grip and cut. The two clamp pockets on the end of the tailgate allow you to clamp timber or tools to the tailgate work bench. Concealed in spring-loaded capping when not in use.
10. Easy Lift Tailgate - For effortless loading, unloading and closing.
Ford has given the NEW Ranger plenty of real-world testing to ensure it is up to scratch too. That includes around 10,000km of desert driving in North America and the equivalent of 625,000km of rugged off-road durability testing at maximum load capacity.
With more powertrain choices than ever before, new engine and transmission combinations with impressive fuel economy and emissions, we expect the NEW Next-Gen Ranger to be the next best selling four-wheel drive in New Zealand. We’re excited to see what variants are coming our way and receiving a confirmed launch date later this year!
Keep an eye out on our Facebook and Instagram for more updates.